…And on the next day, we rose extra early and began a long one.
- (A) Des Moines
- (B) Harlan
- (C) Denison
- (D) Ida Grove
- (E) Cherokee
- (F) Storm Lake
- (G) Sac City
- (H) Rockwell City
- (I) Pocahontas
- (J) Dakota City
- (K) Fort Dodge
- (L) Boone
A total of 421.2 miles and 8 hours and 24 minutes of driving time.
48. Shelby County Courthouse. Harlan, Iowa.
We got here just as the sun was rising, about two hours from Des Moines. The photos were very dark and it took a little playing to get the light levels right.
49. Crawford County Courthouse. Denison, Iowa.
50. Ida County Courthouse. Ida Grove, Iowa.
51. Cherokee County Courthouse. Cherokee, Iowa.
52. Buena Vista County Courthouse. Storm Lake, Iowa.
53. Sac County Courthouse. Sac City, Iowa.
54. Calhoun County Courthouse. Rockwell City, Iowa.
This is where the day started to be fun. The clouds started breaking up and the pictures started looking much better.
55. Pocahontas County Courthouse. Pocahontas, Iowa.
56. Humboldt County Courthouse. Dakota City, Iowa.
57. Webster County Courthouse. Fort Dodge, Iowa.
This is the one! My personal favorite. A little “Abbey Road” moment. I like the missing truck on the left, too.
58. Boone County Courthouse. Boone, Iowa.
The current total: