I planned out this epic little trek through eastern Iowa. And somewhere in the middle I messed up. We drove completely around Tipton and the Cedar County Courthouse.
- (A) Des Moines
- (B) Cedar Rapids
- (C) Anamosa
- (D) Maquoketa
- (E) Clinton
- (F) Davenport
- (G) Muscatine
- (H) Iowa City
- (I) Marengo
- (J) Newton
- (K) Des Moines
A total of 458.8 miles and 9 hours and 4 minutes of driving time.
60. Linn County Courthouse. Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Pretty neat how this one is on an island in the Cedar River.
61. Jones County Courthouse. Anamosa, Iowa.
62. Jackson County Courthouse. Maquoketa, Iowa.
Drove by this one almost a dozen times before we realized this little office building was their grand courthouse. What a let down. I’m sure they saved their taxpayers tons of money… or at least they should have.
63. Clinton County Courthouse. Clinton, Iowa.
64. Scott County Courthouse. Davenport, Iowa.
We liked this one. It wasn’t difficult to find and the modern look is very, um, inviting. The building itself isn’t as imposing as it seems in the picture.
View from the Mark Twain Overlook in Muscatine, Iowa.
65. Muscatine County Courthouse. Muscatine, Iowa.
66. Johnson County Courthouse. Iowa City, Iowa.
67. Iowa County Courthouse. Marengo, Iowa.
68. Jasper County Courthouse. Newton, Iowa.
The current total: